FACEBOOK 101 CLASS
FACEBOOK ESSENTIAL OILS 101 CLASS
POST #1 - Welcome to the Floral & Pine Essential Oils: 101 class!
1. This will be a fast paced class, posting every few minutes. Please refresh your screen to see new posts. The posts are numbered, so start with #1 and go in order.
2. Please ask your questions on the post that it corresponds to. For example, if you have a Peppermint question, please ask on the Peppermint post.
3. It is important to know that Young Living essential oils do not cure, prevent or treat any disease or illness. God designed our bodies to heal themselves; this is the purpose of our immune system. However, when our bodies are not functioning at their optimal performance, it has been our experience that essential oils can give our bodies some extra support in a natural way without harmful side effects. Anything that is shared is based on our personal experience by using Young Living oils and products. It is not intended to diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please note due to the FDA regulating what we can and cannot say about essential oils, some comments may have to be deleted.
4. Everything that will be discussed during this class pertains ONLY to Young Living essential oils. We encourage you all to do your own research and make sure that you are comfortable with the decisions you are making as you incorporate natural remedies into your family life. Our research led us to exclusively choose Young Living because of their seed to seal process and the quality and purity of their oils. Please visit www.seedtoseal.com to see how Young Living goes through this whole extensive process!
POST #2 - What Are Essential Oils & 3 Ways To Use
WHAT are essential oils? I think of them as concentrated liquids in plants to help them recover from injury, protect them from predators, and serve as their immune system. Basically, they help plants recover and keep them healthy. So fascinating!
They are made of tiny, tiny molecules that are easy to enter the system. Your skin is your largest organ…what you put on it, gets taken into the system and either used, stored or filtered out. This isn't new science. Think of the nicotine patch or a birth control patch. Medicine is given through the outside of the skin. When topically applied to the feet or elsewhere, essential oils can travel throughout the body in a matter of minutes.
1. Inhale: You can simply breathe them in, either by putting on your hands and inhaling, putting in a diffuser, or inhaling straight from the bottle.
2. Topical: Our skin is our largest organ: what we put on it gets taken into the system and either used, stored or filtered out. This isn't new science, think of the nicotine patch or a birth control patch. Medicine is routinely given through the outside of the skin. We use carrier oils to apply oils to the skin. A carrier is a quality vegetable/fruit oil used for diluting your essential oils. We prefer coconut oil, but you can also use grapeseed, hemp, avocado, jojoba or olive oil. Apply oils topically to your feet, spine, chest or area of concern. We always recommend using a carrier oil when applying oils topically to children, until you feel comfortable doing otherwise.
3. Ingest: While there is lots of information on the topic of ingestion, we believe that essential oils do benefit you when taken internally. For some, they only ingest oils if they are helping their immunity, but we know lots of people who have success with taking oils internally on a more regular basis. If this is not something you feel comfortable doing, applying topically or diffusing are 2 great ways to get the benefits of these oils. Please refrain from debating about this topic, thank you!
POST #3 – Safety tips using Essential Oils
1. Please never put essential oils directly into your eyes or ears as this could cause damage. Placing a few drops of oil on a cotton ball, then placing the cotton ball in your ear is recommended.
2. Our citrus oils are photosensitive. If you apply them topically, you will want to avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours so that you don’t burn.
3. If you are adding any oils to your water, please make sure to drink out of a glass water bottle.
4. We always recommend a carrier oil when applying oils topically to children, until you feel comfortable doing otherwise.
5. When using essential oils in your bath, add a few drops to Epsom salt first, then put salt into bath water. This will help the oils to adhere to something, so that you don’t have them just sitting on top of the water.
6. If you apply an oil topically and it feels uncomfortable, apply a carrier oil over it, then wipe away with a cloth. The carrier oil will carry the essential oil off of your skin.
7. Please keep your oils stored in a cool, dark place and avoid extreme temperatures, hot or cold. This will ensure your oils don’t go bad.
POST #4 - First Up, Lemon!
Lemon retails for $14.80 (15ml) and includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene.
1. Supports a healthy immune system - diffuse for an uplifting aroma as well.
2. May help stimulate the mind – this is such a happy fruit. It’s hard to not feel that way when you simply inhale it!
3. Can be used in skin care recipes – you can dab a tiny bit onto any blemishes at night.
4. Helps degrease and disinfect surfaces – I like to add a couple drops of Lemon to our Thieves household cleaner, to give it a fresh smell and to also help disinfect surfaces.
5. May act as an appetite suppressant – try Lemon and Peppermint, 1 drop of each – together in your water or tea.
POST #5 - Peppermint
Peppermint retails for $28.29 (15ml) and is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for supporting normal digestion, including promoting healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comfort.
1. Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion.
2. Massage several drops of peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
3. Rub one drop of peppermint essential oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
4. Place 2 drops of peppermint essential oil on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
5. Apply peppermint essential oil to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
6. Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck, or put a drop on your tongue or in water to jump-start your morning routine.
7. Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
8. Inhale peppermint essential oil or rub a drop on to your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
A few things to keep in mind about Peppermint:
1. Peppermint is a hot oil, please keep it away from your eyes – it will burn! Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
2. A good rule of thumb for kids is: 1 and under, avoid Peppermint. 3 and under, Peppermint on feet ONLY. 5 and under, belly button and below ONLY.
3. Peppermint has been known to decrease milk supply in nursing mamas. Use sparingly if you are breastfeeding.
POST #6 - Frankincense
Frankincense retails for $96.71 (15ml), has a woodsy aroma and includes the naturally occurring constituent boswellic acid (google the benefits of that). “Frankincense for President” is our motto. We love this oil. And if it was good enough for baby Jesus, then it’s good enough for all of us. Which brings us to a good point – oils may seem “trendy” right now, but they’ve been around for a very, very long time – case in point, Jesus was gifted Frankincense and Myrrh.
1. Applying this oil topically may help the appearance of healthy-looking skin. Those pesky lines and sunspots on our faces may be reduced by adding Frank into your nightly skincare routine. Just 1 drop mixed with your moisturizer.
2. Help alleviate nervous irritability – diffuse or wear 1-2 drops over your heart.
3. May help support the immune system.
4. Diffuse to enrich prayer, yoga or meditation for a deeper spiritual connection.
5. Diffuse to enjoy a comforting aroma – listen, Frank smells good. It really does. When you diffuse, everyone in the room is benefiting from the oil.
Immunity Support Roll-on:
10 drops Frankincense
10 drops Lemon
10 drops Thieves
Add all ingredients into an empty bottle, attach roll-on top. Apply down spine as often as needed.
POST #7 - Lavender
Lavender retails for $30.92 (15ml), and has a sweet, floral aroma that is soothing, relaxing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, the uses for this plant are almost endless. No home should be without this oil, and we always say “when in doubt, reach for Lavender!”
1. May provide more peaceful sleep – create a spray using distilled water and lavender and spray onto your pillow before sleep. Also, diffusing right before bed helps promote peaceful sleep.
2. Enhances relaxation – same as above. You can also take a lavender bath just prior to bedtime. Combine a few drops with some Epsom salt, place in the bath. And enjoy.
3. A great oil for the springtime, diffuse often!
4. May help minimize scar tissue/wrinkles – just apply when using your nightly skincare routine.
5. It may complement your favorite natural shampoos, lotions and skincare products.
6. Help your closets and drawers smell better – apply a few drops to a cotton ball and place in drawer.
Bathroom Surface Cleaner:
6 ounces White Vinegar
6 ounces Distilled Water
10 drops Lemon oil
12 drops Lavender oil
Combine into a 12 ounces spray bottle and use to help clean and disinfect bathrooms.
[Recipe from The Chemical Free Home]
POST #8 - Purification
Purification retails for $24.67 (15ml) and helps to freshen the air and eliminate odors with its unique combination of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle essential oils. It also includes the naturally occurring compounds cineol, neral, and geranial.
Add Purification oil to Animal Scents™ products to moisturize skin and improve the appearance for healthy looking skin or apply topically to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.
1. Add to your washing machine to freshen laundry.
2. Add a couple drops to shoes to help neutralize odors.
3. Add a few drops to a cotton ball to help eliminate stale air in the office or your child’s room.
4. Diffuse to dispel unpleasant odors and clear the air of impurities.
5. Diffuse to eliminate odors from pets.
6. Massage 1-2 drops with carrier oil to moisturize skin.
DIY Outdoor Spray:
Pinch of salt
15 drops Purification
10 drops Peppermint
Fill a 6 ounce spray bottle with ingredients in order listed. Shake and apply as needed while outside, to help keep bugs away.
POST #9 - Panaway
Panaway is not available for retail purchase (just another reason why the Premium Starter Kit is SUCH a good deal!). This unique blend has a stimulating aroma and is an original combination of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint essential oils. This blend is ideal to apply topically after exercise, and supports the appearance of healthy skin coloration. The essential oils in PanAway include naturally occurring constituents methyl salicylate, gamma-curcumene, menthol, and eugenol. Use a carrier oil when applying topically.
1. Rub across your lower back if you feel discomfort from sitting all day.
2. Rub on muscles to help alleviate stressed muscles or other physical discomforts.
3. Rub on your temples to ease minor head tension.
Post Work-Out Rub:
15 drops Panaway
10 drops Copaiba
Whip ingredients together using a mixer. Store in a glass jar and apply after a workout to help soothe muscles.
POST #10 - Copaiba
Copaiba retails for $56.58 and is a powerful essential oil from South America that has traditionally been used to aid digestion and support the body's natural response to injury or irritation. Copaiba contains the highest amounts of beta caryophyllene (55 percent) of any known essential oil.
1. Promotes wellness.
2. Apply topically as part of a daily health regimen.
3. Mix with honey and warm water to create a post workout tea.
4. Helps support the muscular and nervous systems.
Post Workout Roll-on:
10 drop Copaiba
10 drops Panaway
10 drops Peppermint
Mix all ingredients into an empty oil bottle. Add roll-on attachment and apply to muscles after working out.
POST #11 - R.C.
RC retails for $13.49 (5ml) and is a unique blend of Cypress, Spruce, and three types of Eucalyptus (E. globulus, E. radiata, and E. citriodora) oils. It also includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene.
1. Add to massage oil to create a spa-like, soothing atmosphere during massage.
2. Helps support a healthy respiratory system.
3. Rub on your chest before exercise to uplift and inspire.
4. Can be used in place of Aroma Siez in the Raindrop Technique.
5. Rub 3 drops on feet before bedtime.
POST #12 - Digize
Digize retails for $43.09 (15ml) and is one of Young Living's exclusive and proprietary dietary supplements. This unique blend contains Ginger, Anise, Fennel, Peppermint, Tarragon, Lemongrass, Patchouli, and Juniper essential oils. It also includes naturally occurring constituents like menthol, citrol, and zingiberene.
1. Use DiGize with every meal, to support a daily wellness regimen.
2. Helps support the digestive system.
3. Apply with a carrier oil topically over tummy area.
4. When traveling abroad, use DiGize as a dietary supplement in your water.
5. DiGize is an ideal complement to the nutritional supplements ComforTone and JuvaTone.
Digize Tip: Take this with you when traveling anywhere. Apply onto abdomen after every meal, or before bedtime to help support the digestive system.
POST #13 - Thieves
Thieves blend retails for $44.41 and was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying.
Young Living’s one-of-a-kind Thieves blend, crafted in the spirit of that legendary combination, can be found in all of our Thieves products. When taken internally, Thieves supports healthy immune function, and it includes Eucalyptus radiata essential oil, which may help maintain a healthy respiratory system. When taken as a dietary supplement, Thieves is an ideal complement to a daily wellness regimen. This oil is considered a “hot oil”, please use a carrier oil when applying topically.
1. Diffuse to help support a healthy immune system.
2. Put a few drops in a capsule and swallow with water to support your immune system.
3. Cleans & disinfects surfaces – use the Thieves household cleaner to clean your whole house and disinfect safely, without the use of harsh chemicals.
4. Diffuse to help purify and cleanse the air.
5. May help minimize teeth & gum discomfort. Add 1 drop to toothbrush when brushing.
6. Place a few drops in your dishwater or dishwasher to thoroughly clean dishes and eliminate odors.
Young Living has a whole line of Thieves products to help keep your family healthy. Everything from toothpaste, to bar soap, to household cleaner, to hand purifier. It’s so nice to be able to keep our family healthy, without the use of harsh chemicals that may be found in most store products.
Thieves Foaming Hand Soap:
⅓ cup Dr. Bronners Castile Soap
10 drops Thieves essential oil
Add castile soap, Thieves, then fill the remaining with water. Leave approximately 1 inch from the top. You can re-use a foaming hand soap container or purchase from Amazon or Life Science Publishers.
POST #14 - A bonus oil, STRESS AWAY
Stress Away retails for $39.14 (15ml) and is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Stress Away also includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium. Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla.
1. May help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.
2. May help calm & relax.
3. May help alleviate normal stresses.
4. Diffuse for a calming aroma.
5. Apply topically and wear as a perfume.
To achieve any of those, diffuse or simply apply to wrists and neck area. I keep a roller ball on my Stress Away, and any time I feel the stress creeping in, I just roll it all over.
POST #15 - Flex Oils
In the event that one of the oils in the kit is out of stock, Young Living will replace them with one of our Flex oils!
1. Orange - This oil has a sweet, citrusy aroma and flavor. Like other citrus essential oils, it is high in the beneficial compound d-limonene.
2. Citrus Fresh - This is a sweet, refreshing blend of Spearmint and favorite citrus essential oils. This popular blend is loved for its delicious flavor and pleasant scent, as well as for its benefits as a dietary supplement.
3. Lemongrass - This has a fresh, citrus-herb aroma that has made it popular in both home fragrances and southeast Asian cuisine. It may support normal digestion as well.
4. AromaEase - The powerful blend of Ginger, Cardamon, Peppermint, Fennel and Spearmint essential oils in this oil can help calm and relax.
5. Melaleuca Alternifolia - Also known as “tea tree”, this can be found in a wide spectrum of skin care and spa products. It possesses powerful properties that have made it a skin care mainstay in many cultures. Tea tree oil can moisturize and beautify the skin.
POST #16 - Diffuser
We’ve talked a lot about diffusing and if you purchase the Premium Starter Kit, you will be able to choose which diffuser you get in your kit. Your Premium Starter Kit will come with everything you need to get started! Choose from the diffuser selections below:
DEWDROP - No extra charge for this diffuser when selected in your PSK ($160)
This diffuser retails for $83.88 and functions as a humidifier, atomizer, and aroma diffuser in one simple-to-use product. Inspired by the purity and elegance of a drop of morning dew, the Dewdrops’ design reflects Young Living’s dedication to providing high-quality essential oils. Its ultrasonic technology breaks any mixture of essential oils and water into millions of microparticles, disperses them into the air, and releases the constituents found in Young Living essential oils. Custom designed with up to four hours of continuous run diffusion, automatic shut-off, and ambient light control, Young Living’s Dewdrop Diffuser can transform any space into a spa-like atmosphere.
BAMBOO - $10 extra charge for this diffuser when selected in your PSK ($170)
This diffuser retails for $111.51 and utilizes ultrasonic technology to break up the mixture of essential oils and water into extremely fine microparticles and disperses the ingredients in essential oils into the air. It provides an excellent method of calming and moisturizing to build a healthy, natural, and pure living environment.
Features include an LED light; an elegant, bamboo-inspired design; and timer settings for 1 or 4 hours of continuous diffusion. The diffused molecules cover up to 30 square meters.
ARIA - $100 extra charge for this diffuser when selected in your PSK ($260)
This diffuser retails for $296.05 and is a unique, natural way to bring the benefits of essential oils into your home or workplace. The Aria combines the latest in ultrasonic technology with a variety of useful features. The included remote lets you choose from a selection of soothing, built-in sounds or enjoy the multicolored LED lights. With the built-in speakers, you can plug in your own personal music player and enjoy the music of your choice.
POST #17 - Starter Kit Info
For $160, the Young Living Premium Starter Kit comes with all 11 oils, a diffuser of your choice, samples, roller ball attachment, catalog and educational materials. You’ll notice the retail prices after each oil and diffuser---this is to show you how much of a value this starter kit truly is. If you wanted to sign up as a retail customer, you would be paying each of those prices we listed. As a wholesale member, you can purchase the starter kit and save big time! At $160, this is a fantastic deal!
Each 5ml bottle has approximately 90 drops in it.
Once you purchase the starter kit, you are now a wholesale member and can purchase everything at a 24% off discount!
If you sign up with someone on our Floral & Pine team, you will get the following:
1. A community of friends who encourage and equip you on this journey!
2. Access to our private FB group where we can ask and share all things oily.
3. Access to our sister group, Essential Families, private Facebook group.
4. Access to private, monthly continuing educational FB classes and webinars.
We will encourage, educate and equip you every step of the way! See the comments to view pictures of each starter kit.
If you would like to purchase the YL kit, you can click on this link to walk you through the steps on how to do so: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for joining the class! Hope you learned some things! Please comment below with feedback. What info would you have liked to know? THANK YOU!
POST IN COMMENTS w/ PHOTO
Premium Starter Kit with DEWDROP diffuser - $160
Premium Starter Kit with BAMBOO diffuser - $170
Premium Starter Kit with ARIA diffuser - $260
*With the Aria, you can connect your ipod/phone to play music/acts as a speaker. It also plays zen music, has light changing options, and 1/2/3 hour options as well as a remote control.